Online School of Rock camps are "amped up" versions of our Performance Program! Ages 7-18 * Instruments required for non-singers * Experience preferred but not required * Space is limited!
We're so excited to announce School of Rock West LA's amazing camp program! Camps are the perfect "amped up" version of our Performance Program, and it is our goal that each kid walks away with not just newfound musical abilities, but fantastic memories and friends as well!
Here are the details for next week:Camp will take place every day from Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, with a 45-60 minute lunch break at noon. If you're worried about getting your young rocker to SoR, visit our affiliates at HopSkipDrive https://cm2v.app.link/EXboQrEPbE and sign up for their awesome and safe transportation service! Your first ride is free with code LAROCK!
Please send your kids with lunch and snacks, or $10 to buy lunch at a local restaurant (i.e. chinese food or pizza) to be DELIVERED (We will not leave the premises at ANY time). If any of your kids have allergies or special dietary needs, please let us know.Guitarists just need to bring a guitar/pick/strap, bassists a bass/strap, and drummers sticks. Everything else including amps and cables will be provided here at the School.
Here is what a typical day of camp looks like: Depending on the total number of kids, we will be splitting into “bands” of 5, and each group will learn between 5 and 10 songs in just a week, depending on how much they can handle as a band. At the end of the week, the kids will perform a live rock concert Friday at 1 pm for friends and family! The set list will be decided first thing Monday morning after all the kids have been introduced to each other and the staff. We will do our best to gauge what the kids like most and what will help each of them progress the most as musicians.
If you must cancel we require at least one week's notice in order to issue you a full refund. If SoR must cancel for any reason (ie low enrollment, staffing, etc.), you will receive a full refund immediately.If you have any questions, please call us at 310-442-ROCK(7625).
We’re excited to offer remote online Summer Camps that will take place Monday through Friday 9am to 3pm with a one hour offline lunch break from 11:30am to 12:30pm every day!
- To participate in an Online Camp, students should have a basic proficiency on their instrument, although experience is not required.
- Students will need to have a device to record their song parts for the creation of a full band recording. This could be as simple as a mobile phone with voice memo recording or a DAW such as GarageBand, Logic or Pro Tools.
- Students should have access to their primary instrument at home (guitar, bass, drums, and keys)
Here are some of the awesome activities we have lined up for our rock campers:
- Team building exercises, games and trivia contests to learn about fellow “bandmate” campers and our camp directors.
- Sectionals by instrument cover the fundamentals of playing music in a band setting!
- Workshops or Master Classes on various topics such as note values, Blues improv, stagecraft, etc.
- Song learning and recording - Students are assigned songs and can work on them in groups online or they can work independently at home.
The goal is for each band to record 1-3 songs every week, and each camp will culminate in a remote Online Listening Party!