To Our School of Rock Community,
The safety, health, and well-being of our students, our families, and our employees have always been and will always be our top priority. We’re reaching out to keep you informed on the steps we’re taking to ensure we’re doing everything we can to keep our schools clean and sanitized.
Our staff has been instructed to thoroughly clean the equipment in their rooms as well as common areas that are touched. We are also wiping down all surfaces in the building , bathrooms, counters, light switches, hand rails, etc. every night. We plan to stay open for lessons until further notice.
We feel confident in the steps we are taking and have been in constant communication with our corporate team who has been consulting with a prominent doctor to make sure that every School of Rock is ahead of the curve.
As a reminder, below are some "Always" and "Never" behaviors that are important for good hygiene in our schools.
SCHOOL OF ROCK ALWAYS & NEVER LIST
- Wipe down your microphone before using
- Always wash your hands with soap and warm water before and after your lessons
- Sing Happy Birthday or Twinkle Twinkle to make sure you wash long enough!
- Always dry your hands after washing, with a disposable paper towel
- Bring your own drumsticks
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow, not your hand
- Wipe down doorknobs and surfaces after each lesson with disinfectant
- Bring your own guitar pics
- Eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water, and get good rest
- Share food, drinks, or utensils with anyone
- Come to SoR when you or a family member is sick (fever, cough, sneezing, runny nose)
- Put your hands in your mouth, nose and eyes
- Touch others’ faces or hands
- Come in contact with someone you know has symptoms of illness
- Never eat in a lesson room/studio
Additional measure we can take:
We would like to urge all students and staff to bring your own guitars, basses, drum sticks, headphones, guitar picks, and microphones to lessons and rehearsals and do not share them with others. If you do not currently own a microphone, we recommend theSM58 or a Beta 58 (what we use at the school), or any similar model.
Please let us know if we can assist you in choosing and purchasing any musical instruments or accessories.
Thank you and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.