SONGWRITING & RECORDING CAMPOur professional staff guides students through exercises to learn about self-expression, cooperation and advanced musical skills. Students will learn all about the creative and technical process behind songwriting and recording, working on both original and cover material.CAMP STAFFOur camp staff are the same outstanding professional musicians and educators who teach our year round programs. Our camp size rarely exceeds 25 students per session to maximize one-on-one attention given to each student. SKILL LEVELSThese one-week camps are open to intermediate and advanced musicians age 10-18. Basic performance proficiency on a primary instrument (guitar, bass, vocals, drums, keyboards) is required. Our camps are programmed for students who are able to play and notate basic chords. While not for complete beginners, we absolutely encourage musicians who have basic skills to enroll. Camp is a great way to learn a lot in a short amount of time and have fun!If your child hasnât practiced in a while, but wants to attend camp, please contact us to arrange for individual lessons. This extra practice will improve your childâs School of Rock Camp experience.Camp activities may include:
- BAND REHEARSAL: When camp starts, students are assigned into bands and spend the week(s) working together to collaborate, create and perform. Students come together at camp to play under the instruction and direction of our staff of music professionals.
- CLINICS AND WORKSHOPS: Our staff of teachers put together a range of fun and engaging clinics and workshops for students. Each session will cover how to properly use and maintain gear, play with your peers, and put it all together in a band. Other topics may include instrument-specific workshops, industry âinsiderâ tips & tricks, performance techniques, rock music history, and different musical styles such as rock, metal, and funk.
- DIY CREATIVITY: With help from our staff, students will create and produce their own band logo and t-shirts and promotional materials for their show at the end of camp.
- WRITING SONGS: Staff will guide students to focus on collaboration, writing and rehearsing original material, how to structure songs, and write lyrics.
- MAKING A RECORD: Learning the recording process, introduction to multi-track recording, basic editing, vocal comping, mixing and basic effects.
- RECORD RELEASE PARTY: Students will celebrate the achievement of producing and sharing their musical works of art at a record release party for friends and family planned by the students and staff.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONCamps can be taken separately or in addition to the summer season of our Performance or Rock 101 programs. The Songwriting and Recording Camp is a great way to learn skills that are not taught typically during our year-round programs. Our Camps are a great way to accelerate your instruction and increase your playing time. Students can take individual lessons after camp hours up until the close of the day (approx 4pm â 9pm).