Winter/Spring 2018 Performance Programs
All students enrolled in our Performance Program will receive:
- Weekly private music lesson.
- Weekly three-hour band rehearsal to prepare for live rock concerts
- Valuable development in key group dynamic and performance areas including teamwork skills, personal accountability, stage presence, confidence building, group leadership, musicianship and more.
Season-long Performance Programs:
This season’s Electric Lady show will feature artists such as, Jimi Hendrix, Santana, ACDC, DMB, Weezer, Beck, and more! Prepare to learn classic and modern artists in this session. Rehearsals start 2/5/2018 and will rehearse weekly from 5-8pm. The performances will be held 5/19 or 5/20.
There's no need for an explanation here... Prepare to GET THE LED OUT!
Rehearsals start Tuesday, 2/6/2018 and will rehearse weekly from 5-8pm. The performances will be held 5/19 or 5/20.
School of Rock Madison’s Rock 101 Program encourages fun and success for our younger students as they begin their journey. The days of traditional instruction with piles of sheet music are over. At School of Rock Madison, we believe that playing real music is the only path to proficiency and a true appreciation for music.
In Rock 101, students select one instrument to study, and we begin teaching fundamentals: scales, chords, notes, time signatures, and all the rest. Our unique approach to music instruction teaches our students vital fundamentals through songs they know and love, not rote memorization. With real musical context in a fun environment, we give all of our students the knowledge they need to really pursue their passion for music.
All students in Madison’s Rock 101 Program can expect:
• Weekly private music lessons on guitar, bass, keyboard, drums, and/or vocals
• Weekly group rehearsals to reinforce the fundamentals in a team environment
• A firm grasp of the basics of music theory and technique
• An understanding of what it means to play solo and in a group
Rock 101 Rehearsals are on Wednesdays at 5:15-6:45pm and is rolling admission. A second group will be added on Fridays at 5-6:30pm starting on 2/7/18, if necessary.
Throughout the week kids go from zero to a full set of songs and a live performance at a local venue. Group rehearsal, one-on-one instruction from our all-star instructors, gear education, and band-related activities are all aimed at helping kids learn a set of songs and be totally ready to rock them by the end of the week. Whether you play drums, sing, shred guitar or bass, play keyboard or sax--you'll have a blast!
Summer Camp weeks will be announced Winter of 2018!
1. Rock 101 Boot Camps are suited to kids aged 6-11 who have little or no previous experience with music.
2. Rock Performance Boot Camps are suited to kids aged 9-18 who've had at least 3 months of previous music instruction.
If you are unsure of the suitability of your child for any of the camps, please don't hesitate to give us a call!