This workshop is great for students who are interested in writing their own music, want to take their songwriting to the next level and a broader theory knowledge to expand creativity within songwriting.
SONGWRITING WORKSHOP: THURSDAY, JANUARY 3rd, 2019 (10am - 3pm) - Lunch Provided
This workshop is great for students who:
- Are interested in writing their own music
- Want to take their songwriting to the next level
- Want a broader theory knowledge to expand creativity within songwriting
This workshop will focus on:
- Lyric writing
- Melodic composition
- Understanding harmony and chord progressions
- Rhythmic approaches to melody and harmony
- Song form & structure
- Brainstorming exercises
- Popular writing techniques used by the pros
This hands-on workshop will explore the many facets of the songwriting process. You will be examining different genres of music, studying famous songwriters, learning some music theory, and discovering effective songwriting techniques that you can apply within your own writing. We will discuss practical things that you can do to improve your songwriting, or get started writing songs. This workshop can help musicians from beginner to advanced, but we do require that you have some experience on your instrument or voice. If you play an instrument, please bring it with you.