Doors 11:30, Show 12 noon
720 SE Hawthorne Blvd
Portland, OR 97214
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Lunes||12:00 PM - 8:00 PM|
|Martes||12:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Miércoles - Jueves||2:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Viernes - Sábado||Cerrado|
|Domingo||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
At School of Rock Lake Oswego, our Performance Program puts our students front-and-center on a real stage for real performances. Students get to show off their killer music skills while learning serious teamwork as they and their bandmates refine their abilities through some of rock and roll’s greatest hits.
Lake Oswego students will blow your mind with advanced performances chock-full of hits by famous artists such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Frank Zappa, Queen, and many, many more! For our students, real performances breed real skill, and real fun.
All students in Lake Oswego’s Performance Program can expect:
• Weekly private music lessons on guitar, bass, keyboard, drums, and/or vocals
• Weekly band rehearsal to get students prepared for real shows
• The experience of performing on stage with their band at real venues
• Key learning in fundamental areas such as stage performance, harmonies, musicianship, and more
• Fun, music, and education wrapped into one all-inclusive experience!
School of Rock Lake Oswego’s Rock 101 Program encourages fun and success for our younger students as they begin their journey. The days of traditional instruction with piles of sheet music are over. At School of Rock Lake Oswego, we believe that playing real music is the only path to proficiency and a true appreciation for music.
In Rock 101, students select one instrument to study, and we begin teaching fundamentals: scales, chords, notes, time signatures, and all the rest. Our unique approach to music instruction teaches our students vital fundamentals through songs they know and love, not rote memorization. With real musical context in a fun environment, we give all of our students the knowledge they need to really pursue their passion for music.
All students in Lake Oswego’s Rock 101 Program can expect:
• Weekly private music lessons on guitar, bass, keyboard, drums, and/or vocals
• Weekly group rehearsals to reinforce the fundamentals in a team environment
• A firm grasp of the basics of music theory and technique
• An understanding of what it means to play solo and in a group
• Real knowledge gained through real fun!
Our top performers can audition for School of Rock Lake Oswego’s most prestigious honor: a spot in our AllStars program! School of Rock’s AllStars represent the best of the best from School of Rock’s global network of schools and students. Equipped with incredible musical abilities, killer work ethics and leadership skills, our AllStars have the talent and drive to grow into the next generation of musical greats.
Every summer, our AllStars embark on an authentic concert tour for a one-of-a-kind experience. Our Lake Oswego musicians perform with All Star bands in multiple live shows at high-profile venues across the country, including Red Rocks, Lollapalooza, Hangout Music Fest, NAMM, Gathering of the Vibes, and countless others. AllStars also get to share the stage and learn from music legends like Alice Cooper, Eddie Vedder, and Slash, to name a few. The AllStars experience gives aspiring musicians the best glimpse of what a professional music career is like.
AllStars selected from School of Rock Lake Oswego can expect:
• Real-world performances where they can master their skills on guitar, bass, drums, keyboard and/or vocals
• An authentic tour experience with multiple live shows in various cities
• Taking the stage with the best of the best from School of Rock’s global community
• A chance to perform at legendary events and venues, side-by-side with top artists
• A truly epic rock experience like no other!
At School of Rock Lake Oswego, we know how to bring the world of music, and the fun that comes with it, to adults. We get our students playing and learning at rapid-fire speeds through real performances of their favorite songs, instead of your old traditional music instruction programs with piles of sheet music and hours of rote memorization. At School of Rock Lake Oswego, the stage can be yours at any age.
Our adult students learn the fundamentals of music, including scales, chords, notes, progressions, and more, from real-world instruction through some of the most iconic songs and sounds in music history. Whatever your musical taste may be, our instructors know how to create a program just for you. Whether you’re seeking basic proficiency, a standing gig as the resident guitar player at parties, or future rock star status, School of Rock Lake Oswego works with you to help you reach your goals.
Students in School of Rock Lake Oswego’s Adult Program can expect:
• Fast-paced instruction on the instrument of your choice: guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, and/or vocals
• Weekly private instruction catered to your goals and level of proficiency
• All-adult rehearsals to prepare for real performances in local venues
• A firm grasp of music theory and technique fundamentals, taught through your favorite music genre
• Fun, instruction, and great progression of practical skills wrapped all into one!
School of Rock Lake Oswego’s music camps and workshops are designed to bring out the best performance in a fast-paced learning environment. Just like our standard programs, our camps offer a high-energy experience that is fun, creative and team-oriented. Our students learn music by playing it with their peers, guided by experienced instructors from the music community.
From basic Performance Boot Camps to more advanced Guitar Building and Songwriting Training, School of Rock offers opportunities for musicians of all skill levels. Camps vary by location, so please contact us for a current list of camps and workshops at School of Rock Lake Oswego.
Regardless of which camp they choose, students can expect:
• Hands-on skill building for guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, drums, and/or vocals
• One-on-one interaction with seasoned music professionals
• A deeper appreciation for music theory and fundamentals
• Greater confidence, collaboration and improvisation abilities
• A fun and interactive experienceEncontrar un campamento o taller
Haga un recorrido por la School of Rock para ver cómo es que nuestro enfoque de la educación musical enseña a los niños a estremecer su mundo.
“School of Rock Lake Oswego has been one of the best things for our kids. It has given both our children confidence in themselves and has been a great way to grow their circle of friends in a positive environment. Plus, they're becoming such talented musicians from the performance program and the great oneonone instruction. SORLO has really created a supportive community of people and we are grateful to be part of it.”- Dan W., parent, Lake Oswego, OR.
“"Education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire." Ever since my son got a taste of the musical experience to be had at School of Rock Lake Oswego there has been no hesitation, no turning back. He has discovered his passion in life music. I have seen amazing growth in his self confidence, improvements in his grades and overall organizational skills. He now incorporates music into his everyday life, whether its practicing an instrument or listening to music. SORLO has provided him with a safe environment in which to grow and create.”- Melissa G., parent, Lake Oswego, OR
“I wish I had School of Rock when I was growing up.”- Nearly Every Parent Who Walks Through Our Doors
“It's not an overstatement to say that enrolling our two sons at the School of Rock has been one of the best choices my husband and I have ever made. The level of music education they've received is impressive, and the performance opportunities are unlike anything provided by any other music school, both of which make the School of Rock in Lake Oswego a unique and wonderful place. What's more, though, is the sense of community that the school provides the kids feel supported by the warm atmosphere created by the teachers and staff, and are motivated to come together as a band with the other kids to put on a great show each season. The result is that my kids love to practice their instruments, get excited about lessons and rehearsals, and feel like they have found a place where they truly belong. I can't recommend the School of Rock highly enough!”- Lori D., parent, Lake Oswego, OR