The Rookies Program develops vital skills necessary for growth in music in a fun and positive learning environment.
Rookies focuses on
- Music Theory,
- Dynamics and Kinesthetic Application on real musical instruments.
Students are introduced to playing ukulele, guitar, drums, keys/piano and singing – all in an effort to help them determine which instrument they are most drawn to and provide basic music skills required to play any instrument. We provide all the instruments. We clean the instruments before and after each lesson and students do NOT share instruments within the class.
Through group lessons incorporating interactive activities, exposure to bands, and experience on multiple instruments students come to understand the art of music in a fun, positive, team-oriented environment.
Rookies 101 and Rookies 201 are each 10 classes over 12 weeks and the tuition for each 10-class package is $210.
Our next Rookies season begins APRIL 5.
We have four Rookies 101 classes to choose from. (To participate in Rookies 201, students must first complete Rookies 101.)
CLASS TIMES/DATES TO CHOOSE FROM:
Mondays 4:00-5:00pm (April 5 - June 21 with no class on May 3 and May 31. )
Wednesdays 5:00-6:00pm (April 7 - June 23 with no class on May 5 and June 2.)
Wednesdays 6:15-7:15pm (April 7 - June 23 with no class on May 5 and June 2.)
Sundays 11:30am-12:30pm (April 11 - June 20 with no class on May 30)
Make Up classes on: June 28, 30
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Masks are required while in the building
- 6 foot social distancing is practiced with markers on the floor to assist the students
- Hand sanitizers are throughout the school and required upon entry
- Aiir purifiers throughout the school
- Door handles are wrapped in antimicrobial sleeves
- No sharing of instruments
- Though the State allows for up to 15 people in a class, we limit our Rookies classes to 6 students and 1 teacher
To register for Rookies 201, please contact the Front Desk at School of Rock via email or call 952-934-7625 or when you drop off/pick up your rocker for their current class.