Are You Getting Your Child A Guitar For Christmas or Hannakuh?
If so, don't forget the guitar lessons as well! This Beginner Guitar Camp is designed to teach kids the basics they'll need to enjoy their new guitar.
This no-pressure, non-competitive camp is strictly about immersing one's self in the joys of playing guitar. The guitar teacher has several years experience teaching children who are beginner guitar players. Patience, enthusiasm and positive reinforcement are at the heart of all the activities in this camp.
In this Guitar Camp, campers will learn:
- The parts of the guitar
- How to tune their guitar (using the free clip-on tuner they'll receive in camp)
- How to plug into an amp properly (so they don't blow the speaker in the amp!)
- The notes on the fretboard
- How to play open chords most commonly used in contemporary guitar music
- How to play the riffs most often used in rock-n-roll
- Proper strumming and picking techniques
They'll put all these skills to use as they learn to play one (or two) songs over the course of the camp.