ONLINE | Learn to jam to all the classic Ukulele hits + learn fun strumming patterns! Performance on Friday!
- CURRENTLY ONLINE -
MIGHT BE IN PERSON
IF LOCAL REGULATIONS PERMIT
We're excited to offer remote online Summer Camps that will take place Monday through Friday 9am to 3pm with a one hour offline lunch break from 11:30am to 12:30pm every day!
There is no experience required to participate in an Online Camp
- Students will need to have a device to record their song parts for the creation of a full band recording. This could be as simple as a mobile phone with voice memo recording or a DAW such as GarageBand, Logic or Pro Tools
- Students should have access to an ukulele
Here are some of the awesome activities we have lined up for our rock campers:
- Team building exercises, games and trivia contests to learn about fellow "bandmate" campers and our camp directors.
- Sectionals by instrument cover the fundamentals of playing music in a band setting!
- Workshops or Master Classes on various topics such as note values, Blues improv, stagecraft, etc.
- Song learning and recording - Students are assigned songs and can work on them in groups online or they can work independently at home.
The goal is for each band to record 1-3 songs every week, and each camp will culminate in a remote Online Listening Party!
IF LOCAL COVID GUIDELINES PERMIT US TO HAVE IN PERSON CAMPS:
Masks MUST be worn over nose + mouth at ALL times (aside from when eating) - we have extra masks available if needed (NO neck gaiters)
Students must practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart from their bandmates + staff.
Please be sure to send your kids with a NUT-FREE lunch!
Students MUST bring hearing protection (earplugs or isolation headphones)! Rock N Roll gets LOUD and we want to make sure their ears are protected!
We also have earplugs available for sale at the front desk for $1/pair or Isolation Headphones available for sale for $25. Please send them with hearing protection or $1 so they may purchase earplugs here.
Drop off for camp is 9 a.m. and pick up is promptly at 3 p.m.
Ukulele players should have their own and bring them to use along with their own cables if using Electric Ukuleles.
HERE IS WHAT A TYPICAL DAY OF CAMP LOOKS LIKE:
The group will learn between 3 to 5 songs in just a week, depending on how much they can handle as a band. At the end of the week, the kids will perform a live rock concert on Friday for friends and family! The set list will be decided first thing Monday morning after all the kids have been introduced to each other and the staff. We will do our best to gauge what the kids like most and what will help each of them progress the most as musicians.
Food is not provided but campers are privy to our kitchen which is stocked with a refrigerator and microwave. Please send your kids with a NUT-FREE lunch and snacks. Students may not leave the premises at ANY time. If any of your kids have food allergies, please let us know.
If you have any questions, please call us at 818-980-1522