Want to learn how to record your own songs? Ever explored beat-making on Ableton or ProTools? We'll teach you the basics! * No experience required *
- CURRENTLY ONLINE -
MIGHT BE IN PERSON
IF LOCAL REGULATIONS PERMIT
We're excited to offer remote online Summer Camps that will take place Monday through Friday 9am to 3pm with a one hour offline lunch break from 11:30am to 12:30pm every day!
- There is no experience required to participate in an Online Camp
- Students will need to have a device to record their song parts for the creation of a full band recording. This could be as simple as a mobile phone with voice memo recording or a DAW such as GarageBand, Logic or Pro Tools
- Students should have access to their primary instrument at home (guitar, bass, drums, and keys)
- Students should have access to a laptop or computer with the capabilities to run Ableton Lite or Protools First (both of these are free)
- If students already have their own software, that is great too! Please let us know which one when signing up!
During their week in camp, students will begin to understand the purpose of Ableton, ProTools and other recording/DJ software and hardware and the different uses for it, from recording your own music to dropping beats!
Students will learn a brief overview on both sides of using software like this - creating beats, mixing your own music tracks and adding final touches to produce a finished track.
By the end of the week, the students will have created 1 to 2 tracks to showcase to their parents in a remote Online Listening Party!
IF LOCAL COVID GUIDELINES PERMIT US TO HAVE IN PERSON CAMPS:
Masks MUST be worn over nose + mouth at ALL times (aside from when eating) - we have extra masks available if needed (NO neck gaiters)
Students must practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart from their bandmates + staff.
Please be sure to send your kids with a NUT-FREE lunch!
Drop off for camp is 9 a.m. and pick up is promptly at 3 p.m.
Drummers should have their own sticks. Guitarists and bassists should have their own and bring them to use along with their own cables.
If not, we have guitar, basses and cables to use here.
You do not need to play an instrument to participate in this camp!
HERE IS WHAT A TYPICAL DAY OF CAMP LOOKS LIKE:
The group will put together 1 -3 songs in just a week, depending on how much they can handle as a group. At the end of the week, the kids will showcase their tracks on Friday for friends and family! We will do our best to accommodate the different goals and experience levels and will help each of them progress the most as musicians.
Food is not provided but campers are privy to our kitchen which is stocked with a refrigerator and microwave. Please send your kids with a NUT-FREE lunch and snacks. Students may not leave the premises at ANY time. If any of your kids have food allergies, please let us know.
If you have any questions, please call us at 818-980-1522